Sunday, August 10, 2014

A Day In The Heights

 The other day we decided to take a little road trip out to Matlock, the town of the Heights of Abraham. Here, we took a cable car up to a spectacular view with stunning caves. I decided that I needed to put some of my new purchases to use, and sported a bohemian dress (but of course added metal and leather - you should know me by now!!), perfect for adventuring in the heights.



Dress / Topshop

 
Purse / Primark



Cuddle with my 2nd favourite pup


Necklaces / Primark


Shoes / Converse (I know, they look bad with the outfit.
Unfortunately I couldn't bring my army of shoes with me traveling)



Strawberry water
Sunnies / Primark (which the annoying cousin in last post broke)
Lipstick / Primark


Sweater / Hollister




My hair decided to do something very interesting today I guess??
For this excursion, I decided to wear my new Topshop dress (found it in the final sale section (no sale), it was the last one and was in my size - it was fate), which is multi patterned and has these cute little pompoms (didn't really think I was one for frilly girly things, but I liked it on this dress). It was rather windy and venturing into the caves got very chilly, so I brought my grey Hollister cardi to keep me warm without it suffocating me. I layered necklaces to get into the boho vibe, but made sure they added some variation of style. And of course, I had to add a little leather and more gold with my new bag, which I've fallen in love with. For shoes (as aforementioned), I decided to not wear the Birks and wore my old Converse, which I know, looks VERY bad. But oh well, you win some you lose some. Overall, the trip was beautiful and I was happy to have experienced it in this ensemble.

No comments:

Post a Comment