Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Duchess For A Day

Venturing out to one of the nations most renowned stately homes called for a pretty spectacular outfit, one might even say duchess-worthy (okay, you know what I mean).
Every house needs some gold windows, right?

Grey top / Gap

Bag / Primark





Envelope skort / New Look

Necklace / Freedom Collection @ Topshop


Booties / Primark
Later ruined by a sprightly mission to find the centre of the
hardest (and muddiest) hedge maze ever

The wind made me look like I have some sort of flat mullet??

Bought this for my room #Iwish




For a day trip out to the home of a very important duke and duchess, I figured I should dress it up a bit. So I kept it simple and classy with a grey top (replacing a white one that had an unfortunate OJ incident), a black skort - it was hitched up higher but then decided to slouch down for picture time, looking REALLY awkward - , some classic heeled booties, and an ornate necklace to add some interest (and relate to that lovely chandelier). I also brought my long cardi for walking around outside, as it was rather windy (hence the strange hair situations). This outfit allowed me to move with both comfort and style around one of the most stylish (but likely not comfortable) stately homes in England.

No comments:

Post a Comment