Saturday, July 12, 2014

J'adore July; Beauty, Style & More

I feel like I should be posting another current obsessions entry. Why? Well for a start, I'm nosy, and I am always intrigued to see what items other people demand having present in their lives at all times. I figured if I'm nosy, a lot of you all are too. Also, my last current obsessions post was probably the most popular post I've ever had. And since I want to provide you with content you will enjoy, I figure I should do another. So, lets get started.

Beauty & Body

 The first j'ador"ee" (okay, I'll stop) up to discuss is this "Wet" Brush. Why the name? You use it when your hair is wet. Who'd have guessed (the sarcasm is strong today)! I've had it since ~2 Christmases ago. This brush rivals no other. Not kidding around here. You can pull as hard as you want and barely feel a thing, whereas with other brushes, it felt like elephants were hanging onto each strand. Plus, it takes me a total of 10-15 seconds to brush my hair, getting out every single knot. Can we just give it the "Brush of the Century" award already?

 This shaving cream from Evolution of Smooth is my lifesaver. Being the CEO of Laziness Inc., it is a rare sight, seeing me moisturize after I shave. But this magical stuff saves my skin from looking like a boa constrictors, smells great, and lathers on so rich with so little (I don't miss as much hair anymore in the rush to get back to Netflix). Smooth as an infants butt, and you didn't even have to pick up the St. Ives!

 This 'Stays No Matter What' felt-tip liner from Essence is a miracle worker (trust me, I need one, and this delivers). I am not allowed to wear makeup on a regular basis, but for special events requiring a quick and precise wing, let me tell you, this is your liner! It costs virtually nothing, is quick and easy to apply, and *refer to name*. I cannot find a flaw in this liner.

Style & Accessories

These converse are hand-me-downs (kids, be nice to your older cousins), and I just recently began wearing them. I love the neapolitan uniqueness they behold. They add personality to every outfit, plus it makes anything more casual and appropriate for school (I do not mean wear fishnets and undie shorts with them). Before this pair I had the mindset that Converse were too Tumblr and mainstream for my liking. But I have grown to love my pair, likely because I've never seen ones like them before.


 My mom was having a clear-out the other day and found this old necklace. I wasn't a fan of how it looked on my neck, so I wrapped it around my ankle instead. It fits perfectly, doesn't skim the floor, and I can wear it with sandals, flats, and the vital, man-magnetic Birkenstocks. Loving how it adds some style in a generally bland place!

I picked this up at H&M in Chicago, and despite my attempts at adding colour to my closet, came back with only black, white & grey pieces (#typical). I have been on the fence about the jersey stripes trend, being particularly sour about the numbers aspect of it. This top only has the stripes, but is still maintaining a sporty air, since the stripes are made of a very subtle mesh. All in all, I like to call it t-shirt perfection.

Etc.

 My favourite music source (I am fairly certain will be for eternity) is 8tracks, and my current playlist on repeat is 'songs to play when the sun goes down' by crystalmanor. The songs I have to stand up and sing from it are;
Come With Me Now // The Kongos
Cardiac Arrest // Bad Suns
All of the People // Panama Wedding
King & Lionheart // Of Monsters & Men
Suck It And See // Arctic Monkeys
You (Ha Ha) // Charli XCX
Luck // American Authors

And finally, a Sophie Kinsella recent. Every single one of Kinsella's books I am in love with, especially this one. She creates characters that make you want to get into the book and tell them to pull their **** together, kiss the guy already, or DON'T YOU DARE DO THAT YOU IDIOT. She is my favourite author because I swear, I will get ulcers if I sit down for too long with one (medical luck must be on my side, then). Just do me a favor and read it, I promise (medical issues aside) that you will adore it!

Hope this J'adore July helped you with what to buy, read, or listen to, I can honestly recommend everything! If you don't try/buy at least one of these items, you are missing out on a life experience that is worth the moola and time! So get that baby butt skin and those ulcers, and trust me, you won't regret it! (Okay, maybe the ulcers, but hey, gotta take a risk, right?)

xoxo, G.

No comments:

Post a Comment