Sunday, June 1, 2014

Style Diaries; Casual Barbeque

Hello!
Or should I say, long time no see. Considering this is the first Simply Styled post for May and June, I believe some apologies are in order. What with the allure of warmer weather and better places to be, the great finals frenzy, and the lovely skill of procrastination that I have managed to broaden even into this blog (which is normally how I get away from schoolwork), I have not been churning out posts as of late. I hope for this to change very soon, beginning with this entry. My goal is to have a post out every 1 - 2 weeks as soon as that final bell rings! For now, I promise to try my best!

I titled this post "Style Diaries" because it is essentially a diary of what I wore for a certain day or night. I thought it would be an interesting series that you would enjoy reading. I always love OOTD's/OOTW's, especially when you find out where everything is from. I want to make this an ongoing series, perhaps for every 1 out of 5 posts to be a Style Diaries. Let me know what you think about this proposition in the comments below! Before I bore you any more, I'll begin.

Casual Barbeque; Saturday, May 30th, 2014

Temperature: 20 - 15 degrees C

Time of Day - Night

For this event, I decided to dress fairly casual and summery. I wore a loose fitting top with a pair of denim shorts but added a necklace (my motto for life - when in doubt, add a necklace) to dress it up slightly, as the occasion called for. 

 My high waisted, distressed, cutoff shorts are from Gap. I love them, which is strange because I normally loathe all things high in the waist. This is mainly because they don't normally look very nice on me. Luckily I was attracted to these, as I am glad my senses were correct with this find.
My top is also from Gap (I don't normally buy there, but their styles are on point right now!). It is a sleeveless top, similar to a muscle tee, however the shoulder fabric area is slightly longer,stretching just to the end of my shoulders. I've never seen a top like this and thought it was unique, so of course I had to pick up the white one too. For this outfit however, I tucked the extra shoulder fabric into my tank underneath to make it look like a muscle tee (plus it gave the back a drapey effect).
Finally, my necklace is from H&M. I love their jewelry since it is cheap, super interesting, and INCREDIBLY durable. When I say that, I mean it. It is 10x better in quality than any cheapy necklace I have ever bought. I picked this up when I was in Chicago (yes, Water Tower Place was heaven). It has faux-bones hanging off of each of the squares attached to the necklace, and in each of the squares is a circular crystal. I love this necklace because it is the perfect mix of boho and ultra edgy modern, which is basically my personal style in a phrase. I thought it added a little bit of fancy to an otherwise basic outfit. 

So there it is. I hope that this was a suitable "I'm sorry I am a terrible blogger" make-up post, can't wait (and pinky promise) to be writing to you again soon! 

xoxo, G.

No comments:

Post a Comment