Tuesday, December 9, 2014

November & December Moodboard

Aloha! I must admit, I definitely think that moodboards are my favourite part of the month. I get to scour my recent pinterest posts, create a collage, and in the end, only have to download ONE picture in a post! (My tiny, imbecile laptop cannot cope with multiple pictures being uploaded to a post, so having just one picture is a welcome change). I also love sitting down and writing. Although a lot of my writing fetish is satisfied through my current English class, I must admit that writing about Boo Radley and Shakespeare's use of dramatic irony in A Midsummer Night's Dream is neither my forte or my true passion. While fashion is also not my true passion, it does win over literary devices sometimes. 

As you can likely tell, these past two months I have been thoroughly enjoying simplicity and surprisingly, pastels, a colour palette that  I have not ventured towards before. What do matte sequins, man-repeller turtleneck hair-tucks, and tassels playing the role of a necklace all have in common, you might ask? One; I cannot pull any of them off, and two; they have all (strangely) captured my heart. For some odd reason, I'm attracted to styles I could not possibly have been attracted to, say, 6 months ago. But I guess that as you grow and change as a person, so do your tastes. I mean, life would be pretty boring if you didn't change it up, right? 

I am also lusting over the gorgeous pair of chelsea- style Hunter boots pictured above - I mean, those things are the ULTIMATE pair of shoes. Versatile and waterproof! What more could a girl ask for? On another note, a very pretty person pictured above (cough - Taylor Swift) just released a new album that is AHHmazing! I especially love 'Welcome to New York'. While I have yet to listen to all of 1989, I have no doubt I will find some more addictive tunes in it.

And finally, a little bit of inspiration. Lately I've been thinking a lot about my future and what I want to do. We all have those days when we just want to give up, buy a tricycle, and revert to the Sesame Street days. Sorry, but that's just not going to happen. While we are entitled to these moments, we are also entitled to moments of empowerment. I have a quote up there to help bring on that empowerment, since I know that everybody needs a little drive in the bleak expanse ( or blank space haha) of adolescence. 

So do what motivates you, keep yourself happy, and only worry about others that worry about you. After all, you are not designed for everyone to like you. Happy Holidays!

xoxo, G. 

No comments:

Post a Comment